2019 Vodafone Warriors CCC Indigenous Jersey - Kids
If you have a junior Vodafone Warriors supporter in the family, why not give them the ultimate piece for their collection; our special edition On Field Indigenous Jersey, celebrating rugby’s rich indigenous heritage and the Vodafone Warriors 25 years in the NRL.
An indigenous jersey is an important part of any rugby collection and if your junior supporters are Vodafone Warriors fans, Canterbury’s On Field Indigenous Jersey really fits the bill. Not only does it celebrate the NRL’s rich indigenous heritage, it also commemorates the Vodafone Warriors’ 25 years in the NRL.
This design pays respect to Māori - tangata whenua ( people of the land ) the indigenous people of New Zealand.
The top half of the jersey = Our landscape, our mountains, our waterways.
The triangle shapes symbolise our mountains. The koru represent mist, clouds and swirling winds reaching up to the heavenly domain of Ranginui ( the Sky Father ).
The waves break the shore below the mountains and here we also see rivers and lakes flowing to meet the sea.
The koru and kowhaiwhai ( throughout the design ) represent growth, reaching upward toward the light … positivity, nurturing and protection. Also they represent connection to the earthly domain of Papatuanuku ( the Earth Mother ).
The design is placed on the front and back and represents the North Island and South Island - this pays respect to the kaitaiaki ( guardians ) of our land and the warrior whanau ( family / fan base )
Everything is inter connected and there is great power in these connections - they unite us.
The bottom half of the jersey and the sleeves are kowhaiwhai patterns. Through these symbols we represent attitude, ability and mindset.
* Mangopare = ( hammerhead shark ) = never give in - never surrender - determination and heart. Very much a representation of warrior spirit.
* Mangotipi = ( great white shark ) = speed, power and agility.
* Koiri = This pattern means to flourish. It is the koru repeating and turning back on itself - continuing on to infinity. Also represents self reflection and nurturing.
The colour of the jersey and the shades of grey represents the clouds - Aotearoa = land of the long white cloud and silver nature also pays respect to our silver fern. Our national symbol.
PATENTED VAPODRI FINISH
Canterbury’s VapoDri treatment wicks moisture away from the fabric to keep you cooler and drier.
SHARP NEW DESIGN
Has a new 2019 jersey silhouette with a cross over low profile neck.
The neck has been reinforced inside and out for greater comfort, strength and durability.
- MAIN: 100% Polyester Interlock 250gsm with VapoDri finish
- CONTRAST: 92% Polyester 8% Elastane Reverse Pique 270gsm
- New 2019 jersey silhouette with cross over low profile neck
- Front sleeve designed as raglan and set in sleeve at back
- Stretch herringbone tape across back neck and finished with x3 bartacks at end
- Chest logos embroidered and all other logos sublimated
- Woven locker tag
- No alcohol branding
23” – 24”
58.5 – 61
25” – 26”
63.5 – 66
27” – 29”
68.5 – 74.5
30” – 32”
76 – 81.5
32” – 34”
81.5 - 86